Subject: MP3's on a maxine?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <LFessen106@aol.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/11/2001 14:26:32
OK, I finally got around to playing mp3's on my maxine - of course I had to install NetBSD first!  Anyhow, I have a couple questions..  When I play the MP3's (which work quite well) I can't get a phone headset to work - sound only comes through the internal speaker weather or not a handset is plugged in the back.  Is there a jumper or something somewhere I need to set to get the handset thing to work?  Secondly, I figured this machine would be a great "spare" to rip MP3's off of cdrom with, but cdparanoia doesn't work on it.  My cdrom drive is at asc0 and I have tried everything to get it to work - not only on this machine (5000/33) but also on a 5000/240.  Has anyone ever gotten cdparanoia or any other cd ripper to work on a pmax machine, or is the port maintainer just teasing us all?
-Linc Fessenden