Subject: Re: Amazing feat: playing -- MP3s with a 5000/25!
To: NetBSD/pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/03/2001 02:07:44
Peter C. Wallace skrev:

>   Not exactly HI-FI but its pretty amazing it works at all (@ approx
>35% CPU)
>   Dont know if or how much the reduced sample rate (8K) affects CPU
>usage.

A whole bloody lot, usually.

>   Big thanks and virtual beer to whoever got sound support on the
>Maxine working,

>Anyway, back to listening to Gygr for Flute, Viola and Harp while I
>work (in glorious 8 bit 8K sample rate mono)...

Hm, I didn't even know that sound was implemented in NetBSD/pmax. It uses the
port marked with a telephone handset, doesn't it? How does one go about
extracting audible sound from it? Just plugging a handset into it?

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6.

I use OpenBSD 'coz it has a cool blowfish logo. The other BSDs look satanic.
  - Anonymous Coward