Subject: Re: Missing heat sinks on 5k/25 cpu/fpu?
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/28/2001 16:51:02
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Lord Isildur wrote:

> your 5000/240's dont have heatsinks?
> all of mine have pretty big heatsinks! are you sure they werent damaged??

	It's hard for me to remember offhand, but I'm almost positive one
of my 240's does not have a heat sink on the CPU, there maybe one on the
FPU, and there isn't one on the MMU. Another one of my 240 modules has a
heatsink on the FPU and CPU, but this is an older rev module I believe. It
has the gold stamped foil cap on the PU's; whereas the newer rev. is
just plain ole' flat ceramic. Someday I'll get some pictures taken for my
web page.

	Chris