Subject: Re: Good Question?
To: NetBSD/pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/17/2001 11:29:18
amaya skrev:

>>Peter C. Wallace skrev:

>>>   Signal level wise you would be alright (RS-343?) but DS2100s video
>>>has 864 lines of vertical resolution (56 KHz horizontal) NTSC video has
>>>much lower vertical resolution: 525 lines and interlaced (15 KHz
>>>horizontal, alternate 262.5 line frames @ 60 Hz)

>>>Also might consider that the video bandwith of your TV = ~5 Mhz but the
>>>video coming out of the DS2100 is 70 Mhz...

>>This sounds interesting. Any more exact specs on the 2100 mono output?
>>I suppose this is the same as on the 3100? What is the vertical scan
>>frequency?

>They are all designed for 1024x864 resolution at 60 Hz refresh. They are
>all fixed frequency monitors with a 56 Khz horizontal rate.

All right, not a bloody chance of running it with any TV, then.

>I have often wondered if you could get away with changing the 69 MHz xtal
>in a DS3100, VS3100 or GPX card to about 80 Mhz to get a decent (non
>headache generating) vertical refresh rate, using a multisync monitor.

How would one go about changing this? Is it software-controlled or a matter of
replacing an oscillator?

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6.

Amiga: (noun) The most technologically advanced computer that hardly anyone
cares about.
Use in sentence: "I wanted to buy an Amiga for its low price and great color
graphics, but everyone else seems to be using IBMs or Macintoshes. So, to
remain compatible with the rest of the world, I spent three times as much on a
Macintosh and got only half the graphics capability of an Amiga."