Subject: Re: Good Question?
To: NetBSD/pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/16/2001 18:49:56
Peter C. Wallace skrev:

>On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 LFessen106@aol.com wrote:

>> I have a DecStation 2100 with a mono framebuffer - hence the good
>> question...  Could I get a generic radioshack bnc to rca adapter and
>> just pipe the video through my vcr to my tv?  It is after all just a
>> mono composite video isn't it?  I just think it would be extremely
>> cool to be able to switch the channel to my NetBSD DecStation running
>> my browser, etc, at all.. -Linc.

>Well, not quite,

>   Signal level wise you would be alright (RS-343?) but DS2100s video
>has 864 lines of vertical resolution (56 KHz horizontal) NTSC video has
>much lower vertical resolution: 525 lines and interlaced (15 KHz
>horizontal, alternate 262.5 line frames @ 60 Hz)

>Also might consider that the video bandwith of your TV = ~5 Mhz but the
>video coming out of the DS2100 is 70 Mhz...

This sounds interesting. Any more exact specs on the 2100 mono output?
I suppose this is the same as on the 3100? What is the vertical scan
frequency?

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6.

We have support for the PMAGC-B's on pmax right? That is a PixelVision based
card right? I see Bt 463, that chip looks bigger than the 21164! Just looking
at it makes me want to write an Xserver!
   Chris Tribo, NetBSD/pmax