Subject: Re: Can not telnet
To: NetBSD/pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/14/2001 07:44:21
Simon Burge skrev:

>jeff wrote:

>> I seem to have netbsd install finaly. But I can not telnet in to it my I
>> will attach inetd.conf . Any hints?

>Did you tell inetd that the inetd.conf file has changed (or rebooted
>since you made the change)?  On 1.5 you can

>   sh /etc/rc.d/inetd reload

>or on early systems

>   kill -HUP `cat /var/run/inetd.pid`

I'm actually amazed that inetd doesn't sense this automatically. AmiTCP/IP,
which is based on BSD sockets, alwys reloads the inetd.conf whenever it is
changed, without being told to do so. Is there anything in NetBSD which
prevents implementing this here, too?

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6.

Within several messages, hsc refers to the user as a ``jerk''. This happens if
you are using features which are only supported by some special browsers. Some
people say they are forced by their employer to use those features, and
therefor feel insulted by hsc.
As a solution, you can store the amount of your monthly payment in this
variable:
     setenv HSCSALARY 1000
After this, hsc will stop calling you a ``jerk''. Instead, it will now use the
term ``prostitute''.
 -- README for the HTML preprocessor "hsc"