Subject: Re: Maxine Video support?
To: , <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@del.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/13/2001 11:39:33
on 2/13/01 7:33 AM, LFessen106@aol.com at LFessen106@aol.com wrote something
like:

> OK, so I finally figured out how to get NetBSD-Pmax installed with a helper
> disk - that\nks to all who helped.  Now I have to Maxines I want to install
> NetBSD on...
> Here's the clincher.. They BOTH have PMAG-JA framebuffers installed.  No
> problem you say, just use the builtin framebuffer...  Nope - both monitors I
> have are the 66hz version and the default FB is 72hz.  I really would like to
> get at least one of these running and useable under NetBSD.  Is there anyone
> on the list who might like to trade a PMAG-BA for one of my PMAG-JA's?  I
> really wanted to run X under NetBSD.
> -Linc.

    Did you try the NetBSD/pmax WSCONS kernel on
ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax ? It supports the PMAG-J (TX). I've got
a PMAGB-BA I could trade for a PMAG-JA, but I don't think you should need to
do that.

    Andy/Tohru: What's the status of the TX driver in 1.5? I'm pretty sure
it's not in the install kernel, but can it be compiled in/backported from
-current?

    If that doesn't work, you could always run -current if someone compiled
a TX enabled install kernel...

    Chris

--

Atlantis: {13} fortune