Subject: Re: Net boot panic
To: jeff <moncrie@home.com>
From: Uwe Lienig <Uwe.Lienig@fif.mw.htw-dresden.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/09/2001 16:55:32
--------------F62AE738E6BA9B18AE8D0661

jeff wrote:

> Hello
> when boot form  the network to installl netbsd it says I  use install.ecoff
>
> KN02-BA V5.7j    (PC: 0x8003088c, SP: 0x8002ff28)

The above message seems to be from a previous halt ??

Then you should switch of an on. Sometimes initialisation of ksegs (
mem) are cluttered by a previous os halt.

> >>boot 3/tftp
> 1133600+3194080+256668
> panic: uvm_page_physload: start >= end

What does cnfg 3 say. (mem etc.)
Is it a 1.5 boot ??
Are there any graphics installed ??

Better user elf kernel, I think.

I had no Problems in tftp-booting a KN02BA V5.7j. Well, I had no cards
in the tc slots and was using a VT terminal attached to the serial
console. It runs very smoothely.

> halted.
>
> I  use install.ecoff
>
> jeff
--------------F62AE738E6BA9B18AE8D0661

begin:vcard
n:Lienig;Uwe
tel;fax:(+49 351) 462 3476
tel;work:(+49 351) 462 2780
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Forschungsinstitut Fahrzeugtechnik -FiF-;Computer Aided Design and Advanced Simulation Technology
adr:;;Friedrich-List-Platz 1;Dresden;Saxony;01069;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:uwe.lienig@fif.mw.htw-dresden.de
note;quoted-printable:... have you ever seen MicroSoft users smiling ...=0D=0A=0D=0ASysAdmin
x-mozilla-cpt:;-6720
fn:Uwe Lienig
end:vcard

--------------F62AE738E6BA9B18AE8D0661--