Subject: pmax diskimage.gz inconsistent with install.html
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: John Refling <johnr@imageworks.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/07/2001 22:26:13
In the install.html (et al), in the section "#Install via diskimage"
it says to "boot 3/rzX/install".

This failed for me: "no such file or directory".

I tried "boot 3/rzX/sysinst" and that failed also, with the same
message.

However, when I tried "boot 3/rzX/netbsd" it booted, and entered
the NetBSD install procedure.  I escaped to the shell, and did an
"ls" and found:

No /netbsd (even though THAT is what booted), and DID find /sysinst
even though that was NOT found at boot time.  There was no /install.

Has anyone else had problems or noticed this?

By the way, other than the above, the install went well.  This was
on a 5000/240.