Subject: Re: booting DECStation 5000/240
To: Fazekas Mihaly <michael@goliat.eik.bme.hu>
From: Uwe Lienig <Uwe.Lienig@fif.mw.htw-dresden.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/07/2001 17:55:58
--------------0CF73AB391F831B1F189D353

Fazekas Mihaly wrote:

> I'm probed many boot on my decstation.
>
> Probed from CD, probed from diskimage (writed to my SCSI hdd,
> "dd if=diskimage of=/dev/da1" on my FreeBSD box),....

Are you sure, the diskimage is written starting at block 0 of the disk.
May be partition 1 (I assume /dev/da1 is partition 1, which may not
start at block 0) ?

> when probing boot: "3/rz0/netbsd",
> then: "lseek phdr: Unknown error: code 92"
>
> What does it mean?
>
> If probing boot from CD: "?IO: 3/rz1         (cmd: rd)"
>
> What can i do?

Check out the PROM version, this helps much in locating the problem

Use the command on the console:

>> cnfg 3

This should give you something like:

KN03-AA     V??? TCF ..

<here starts a list of mem avail, network mac adress, scsi devices found
etc.>

> --
> mailto:michael@goliat.eik.bme.hu
> Phone: 463-1966
--------------0CF73AB391F831B1F189D353

begin:vcard
n:Lienig;Uwe
tel;fax:(+49 351) 462 3476
tel;work:(+49 351) 462 2780
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Forschungsinstitut Fahrzeugtechnik -FiF-;Computer Aided Design and Advanced Simulation Technology
adr:;;Friedrich-List-Platz 1;Dresden;Saxony;01069;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:uwe.lienig@fif.mw.htw-dresden.de
note;quoted-printable:... have you ever seen MicroSoft users smiling ...=0D=0A=0D=0ASysAdmin
x-mozilla-cpt:;-6720
fn:Uwe Lienig
end:vcard

--------------0CF73AB391F831B1F189D353--