Subject: Re: Mop Boot for 5000/240
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Buss <TK97EL12@technis.syh.fi>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/31/2001 16:29:06
> Hey there,
>
>    My Decstation 5000/240 has one of the busted proms that can
> not boot using tftp.

Actually I was looking into this problem about the PROMs, and I
found out that many of these IC:s, for example the 27C210 and
27C020 IC can be replaced with reprogrammed ones.

Some motherboards have OTP IC:s and some UV-erasables.
My biggest problem here is to find cheap or free IC:s to experiment
with. I also believe that the 27C210 is not being made anymore.

Does anyone out there have some old electronic junk to go through
where these circuits can be found? Maybe broken DEC hardware?
If someone is interested in giving away EPROM IC, mail me.

I have a list of PROM models / IC:s, not totally complete, though.
I only have PMIN/3MIN/3MAX+.

Joachim Buss