Subject: X Keyboard stuff
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Horton <bighorton@home.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/21/2001 12:48:19
Well, as I mentioned previously, I've got a DECStation 5000/240, and it's
running 1.5 very nicely indeed.  Playing with this guy has been a blast.

Now for my problem...  X ran straightaway, which amazed me, but the keyboard
settings aren't right.  I've spent any amount of time searching the
port-pmax archive and any other documentation I can find, and I can't find
any mention of exactly where I tell it that I'm using an LK201 keyboard so
that the bloody backspace key will work in X.  All the references I've been
able to find talk about XFree86, and reference files that just don't seem to
exist on the pmax.  Keyboard things work mostly just fine in rcons, and
(heres the weird part), if I open an XTerm, and run 'vi' in the window under
X, things (mostly) work more normally.  But none of the special keys
(backspace, arrows, etc) work at all... Just "[[[3" and so forth.

Please help a newbie!  Where the heck do I put my XKb info?  Or is there a
version of XF86Config hidden under a different name in here somewhere?

Scott Horton
111 E. Forest Ave
Columbia, MO 65203
bighorton@home.com