Subject: Re: Video specs?
To: Peter C. Wallace <pcw@mesanet.com>
From: leo herranen <leo.herranen@raketti.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/20/2001 23:21:45
At 11:35 18.1.2001 -0800, you wrote:

>8 BPP
Of course you're aware that 8 BPP means 8 bytes per pixel ;)

>The PMAGB-B has 2 jumper selectable resolutions. Second resolution
>depends on model (letter after last "B")
My /240 says it's a -BA (with the cnfg command of course)

>	Many other options are available for the second oscillator (1024 x
>864 x 60 Hz refresh for old DEC monitors for example) but I'm not sure
>they are supported by NetBSD

How about the smaller resolutions, are they 8 bpp too? I'd like to use the
/240 for Internet (mainly news and email, a bit of www and ftp, so i'd like
to run X) so I could use 1024*768 (or 1152*864) @ 16 bpp, at least 66 Hz...
or maybe a little bit less. How slow will Nutscope be with the box? Any
monitor suggestions? I am going to build a cable for VGA monitors, because
they're of course widely available here...
--
Leo Herranen | DEC BC09J olis tarpeen
a.k.a lXa    |