Subject: Re: 1.5 performance
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Redmond <charlie25@my-deja.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/09/2001 14:18:17
Since few replies have gone to the list yet...
>> where did the performance go in 1.5 ?
>

>OTOH, I have several VAXen running NetBSD. Port-vax has been full of
>complaints about 1.5 performance, much of it tcp/ip and boot related.
>I can't help, but I though it might be interesting for you to see that
>other ports are also affected. (And yes, it hit my uVAX-II, too.)

I notice none of the port maintainers have commented ? Is port pmax and port vax being sacrificed in terms of useability to further some goals on the other ports ?
There has been a lot of talk on the list about the goals of netbsd to run the best system the best way and not sticking to traditions.
I don't have opinions on that, i'm a user, BUT from my perspective
useability of the system on pmax has gone down in 1.5.
 How on earth could I convince a manager to take off Ultrix or re-use and idle decstation with NetBSD with an unuseable system?

Charles

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/