Subject: Re: 1.5 performance
To: Charles Redmond <charlie25@my-deja.com>
From: Wolfgang Rupp <rupp@chello.at>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/09/2001 20:26:05
Charles Redmond wrote:
> I'm running the following pmax hardware at home:
---[snip]---
> Of all the machines the 33 with 1.5 is slowest, in fact text scrolling
> (I have no X running yet as I want to setup icewm) is bordering on unuseable.
> where did the performance go in 1.5 ?

Hmm... I'm following port-pmax only out of curiosity, and in the hope that
someday my DECsystem-5500 will be supported.

OTOH, I have several VAXen running NetBSD. Port-vax has been full of
complaints about 1.5 performance, much of it tcp/ip and boot related.
I can't help, but I though it might be interesting for you to see that
other ports are also affected. (And yes, it hit my uVAX-II, too.)

Wolfgang