Subject: RE: DECStation 5000 running at last! Now just a few questions...
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Scott Horton <bighorton@home.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/08/2001 23:41:21
Yes - what you have listed is correct - I copied it down wrong - my
apologies!

This is the answer I was looking for - it's not supported and more than I
could expect to fix with my limited expertise - but possible in the future.

Thank you for the reply!

Scott

<snip>

> asc0 at ioasic0 offset 0x300000: target 7
> cfb0 at tc1 slot 0 offset 0x0: 1024x864x8 console
> cfb1 at tc0 slot 0 offset 0x0: 1024x864x8
>
> ---  And there it locked up.

This is obscure.  Did you change your GENERIC configuration file?  The two
cfb's are recognized as follows w/o any change;

	cfb0 at tc0 slot 1 offset 0x0: 1024x864x8
	cfb1 at tc0 slot 0 offset 0x0: 1024x864x8 console

The 2nd cfb is recoginized first due to the way how NetBSD
TURBOchannel probes slots.

It's regretful that dual headed configuration of NetBSD/pmax is not
useful.  The introduction of psuedo device fb has never been completed.
The combination of WSCONS and new X server will seek the sane solution
for it.

Tohru Nishimura