Subject: switching to MI SCSI
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/02/2001 22:25:41
I guess one nice thing to hope for for the next version of NetBSD (1.6
or 2.0 or whatever) will be using MI SCSI on the pmax.

From talking to Michael Hitch, there are two problems that might need
addressing:

 + Ultrix compat disklabel support.
     I don't have any Ultrix disks any more (except maybe for an
     old RZ58 or two with stiction).  Just from code inspection, it
     looks like the pmax readdisklabel() is still called in the right
     places...
 + miniroot installation support.
     Does anyone use miniroot's for installing anymore?  One (untested)
     idea is to deliberately botch the disklabel checksum so that disk
     drivers don't see a valid label and partition table.

Anything else withholding a swap to MI SCSI ?

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/