Subject: Re: DS 3100 with memory problem.
To: , <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Crossfire <xfire@xware.cx>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/14/2000 23:28:10
----- Original Message -----
From: <simon.kagstrom.864@student.lu.se>
To: <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2000 9:50 PM
Subject: DS 3100 with memory problem.

> I've also got a DS 5000/120 which works great. Now, the cable between the
3100
> and the monitor fits right into the DS 5000's keyboard/mouse port and has
> sockets for keyboard and mouse on the cable. Can I use this cable for
connecting
> the keyboard/mouse to the DS 5000?

Probably - I know that the keyboard/mouse IO system is the same between the
MIPS based DECStation 5000/240 and the Alpha based DEC3000/800AXP.  The
chances are its the same system on the 3100 as well.

> Further, does anyone in Sweden have an unused cable between a PMAG-B and a
> VR290-D3 monitor (3xBNC)? I'd be interested in buying that one if so :-)

These are standard video cables, and are used on a number of different
machines, including the SGI Indy IIRC, certain models of RS/6000, and [of
course] the Turbochannel DEC machines.  Sadly, I don't actually know the
catalog name for the connector...

| Crossfire      | This message was brought to you |
| xfire@xware.cx | on 100% recycled electrons      |