Subject: 1.4.3: file system full while installing filesets?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Carlos Murillo-Sanchez <cem14@cornell.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/30/2000 15:32:46
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am having trouble installing 1.4.3 on a Decstation 5000/133.
I dd'd the installer to an old 40MB drive at SCSI ID 3 using an
hp735 and I can succesfully boot from it on the Decstation.
The installer correctly identifies the target drive (IBM0662,
but I have also tried others w/o luck) and I am able to
partition/disklabel/mkfs the drive .  Then I can succesfully
nfs mount the directory with the filesets and it starts
unpacking them.  It does kern, base, and then some time later
I start getting "file system full" errors. At this point it is
unpacking stuff into /usr .  I made just two partitions
in the disk: "a" is 689 MB and "b" swap is 128MB. This has happened
with different target drives, and it also happens if I choose
"standard with X" or "standard" partition schemes.

I did not have this problem when I installed 1.4.1 on another
machine earlier this year.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Carlos Murillo-Sanchez    email:  cem14@cornell.edu
428 Phillips Hall, Electrical Engineering Department