Subject: Dead 3100? Memory interchanging.
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <simon.kagstrom.864@student.lu.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/30/2000 11:32:18
Hello!

I recently got a DECstation 3100 w/ exansion box and a 19" VR290-D3
monitor. However, when I power it up, not much happens, and the red lights on
its back are all glowing. The monitor turns white when I turn it on though. None
of the keyboard leds can be turned on.

Further, I also have a DS5000/120 which I originally planned to connect to the
monitor, but of course my frame buffer has another connector, so I couldn't do
that. I guess the monitor wonuldn't handle the resolution either.

Now, to the second question: Is the memory from the DS5000 interchangable with
that in theDS3100?

// Regards, Simon Kagstrom