Subject: Re: 1.4.3 installer?
To: John Taylor <jhtaylor@wam.umd.edu>,
From: Chris <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/23/2000 18:48:49
on 11/19/00 4:03 PM, John Taylor at jhtaylor@wam.umd.edu wrote something
like:

> Has anyone else run into a problem with the install.ecoff binary in the
> 1.4.3 release?  I'm installing via tftp from a linux server onto a 5000/133.
> It dies with a multiple "/ full" errors partway into the installation of
> base.tgz[1]; but / is the memory filesystem.  This is repeatable, and has
> nothing to do with the partitioning of the drive.
> Netbooting and installing with the 1.4.2 install.ecoff and the 1.4.3 files
> works fine. (still making devices, but I assume it will work)

    It sounds to me like you are altering the installation directory. When
it comes up with asking for an install directory with the default of
[/usr/INSTALL]:, don't change that! /XXXX/INSTALL is where sysinst actually
downloads the install sets for later extraction. It should not be writing
anything to / as that is the mfs file system. The XXXX should probably be
/mnt2/INSTALL but I'm not positive on that. (/mnt is the disks / and /mnt2
is the disks /usr, you can check with ^Z in sysinst to see where it has
mounted them after the fsck/newfs)

    Chris