Subject: Update: Re: DEC 5000/260 support?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/15/2000 16:35:42
Ok, thanks everyone I got it powered up, and found some more "SIMMs" for it
(aka Giant Memory boards but not so big as my VAXen :-) and it things it
has 224MB of RAM and a PMAGB-BA video interface. The SCSI and ethernet are
the PMAZ and PMAD ones and appear to be supported as well.

Now an interesting question, I removed the frame buffer, got to the serial
console, and typed "setenv console s" and re-installed the framebuffer.
When it POSTs the frame buffer complains about a "red screen test" and then
the >> prompt appears. Doing a cnfg 0 shows the buffer, what is this error
and should I worry about it?

Do I need to spoof the mouse to get this to boot?

--Chuck