Subject: novice again.
To: Port-pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Gumesindo Leon Hernandez <gume@cys.uam.mx>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/10/2000 15:36:59
Hi, I'm still trying to install NetBSD on 3 Maxines
I have tried with tftp and I can't.
So I try (now) with 'Installing from an existing system' from the
NetBSD System Manager's Manual, I get from the ftp site
pmax/installation/misc/bootblocks.tgz, also download
pmax/installation/misc/gunzip.ultrix and the file
pmax/binary/kernel/install.gz , and do this:

(on ultrix)

#gunzip.ultrix bootblocks.tgz
#tar xvpf bootblocks.tar
x boot. 40148 bytes, 79 blocks
x usr/mdec/boot, 40148 bytes, 79 blocks
x usr/mdec/bootrz, 7680 bytes, 15 blocks
x usr/mdec/rzboot, 512 bytes, 1 blocks

#gunzip.ultrix install.gz

#reboot

then do:

>>boot 3/rz0/install

Ultrixboot - v4.5 Thu Sep 14 07:07:42 EDT 1995
bad magic number
Enter image name:

What means this?, in the Manual isn't something about this. What must
write?, maybe skip some step. In the manual say I have to do:

#cd /
#tar xvpfz /pmax/installation/misc/bootblocks.tgz
#disklabel -B rz0

But I think this is if you have an existing NetBSD system, but if I have
an Ultrix system, I hav to do the same?
And I haven't the disklabel command, where can I find him, if is needed to
install NetBSD
the z option doesn't exist in  ultrix tar. Are problem I don't think so.

I hope understand my questions and my english.

PD: is more easy install form CD. If are easy, where can I find the ISO
to download, or where can I get a copy, I'm from Mexico D.F.

Thanks for you atention and your answers.