Subject: Re: novice again: How test tftp
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Gumesindo Leon Hernandez <gume@cys.uam.mx>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/08/2000 16:53:28
On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> || In another machine (next to the server) do the same and was OK.
> || But whith the Pmax this happen:
> || ?FNF 3/tftp/
> |
> |  Is bootpd / DHCP set up properly?
>
> It's apparently bootptab / DHCP configuration issue.  NetBSD tftpd can
> run syslog on transaction like as;
>
> ... tftpd[2474]: 10.1.1.104: read request for /install.ecoff: success
>
> I'm using bootpd to provide bootfilename to DECstation.  In this case
> the key information is;
>
>         td=/tftpboot:bf=install.ecoff:rp=/ccd/filesys/pmax:
>
> I'm not sure whether td= field is necessary.  tftpd itself is invoked with
> -s /tftpboot command line option.
>
> Tohru Nishimura

Sorry, I don't understand about rp, try to mount, who?, what must be in
 /ccd/filesys/pmax ?(in your case). What must be in /etc/exports, in my
case is empty, what need to put here.  can I skip ip=1.1.1.1 , I don't
have directions to give to DecStation, how can test dhcp daemon? just to
verify, are many quetions? I hope you understand and help this worry soul.

Thanks and see you.