Subject: Re: Trap in NetBSD-current/pmax
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/07/2000 22:01:57
Hi Michael,

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Michael L. Hitch wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> > i've compiled a previously perfectly working NetBSD-current configuration
> > for a Maxine on today's kernel sources. It all compiled OK but when
> > started it reports a trap on an instruction fetch in kernel mode.

>   Let me guess:  you are running with a graphics console?

Yup ! i sure do !!... i dont have a serial console for it... and oh well
it works ok for me..

One big question on this : why is it just the half of the screen ... would
have liked the whole one !!!

>   A recent change to the tty line discipline has broken the pmax graphics
> console.  Serial console still works, which is one work-around.

Bugger .... hgmm... has anyone started on this yet? i could take a look
but i dont have much energy left these days to jump into deep water...

Cheers,
Reinoud