Subject: Re: 3100 console problems
To: Andrew Doran <ad@mail.netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/03/2000 14:47:27
On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Andrew Doran wrote:

> Hi. Could somebody with a 3100 please try the patch at:
>
> 	http://www.netbsd.org/~ad/3100.diff

  Aha!  These patches didn't appear to make a difference because of
the incorrect fi_linebytes, which is now corrected.  That error caused
the display to skip every other scan line and squashed the display
on my little monitor enough I couldn't see that each character was
also reversed.  Since I still had these patches in my test kernel,
when I corrected the fi_linebytes , the display looked correct.

  When I built a patched 1.5BETA kernel to check out the diskimage
install, I then found the problem with the reversed characters.  Andy's
patch does appear to fix the reversed character problem.  I will be
getting these tested and committed, and hopefully pulled up for 1.5.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant