Subject: novice again: How test tftp
To: Port-pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Gumesindo Leon Hernandez <gume@cys.uam.mx>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/26/2000 14:58:37
Hi me again.

Well a still with my problem with a pmax 5000/25.
To helpme in this instalation I have a sever with Unixware 7.1.1

How can I test the tftp service?
I modify the inetd.conf and the bootptab.

To test the tftp do:

In the same machine do this:

$tftp my.machine.mx
tftp>get install.ecoff
Received 3242198 bytes in 17.4 sec
tftp>quit

And all was fine.

In another machine (next to the server) do the same and was OK.
But whith the Pmax this happen:

>>boot 3/tftp
?FNF 3/tftp/

in the sever machine I have
tftpboot/install.ecoff
tftpboot/install

What more  I need?, the tftp server is OK? if not, how test him?
if dont find the file? the conection is fine?
I do
#netstat -a
and in some line appear:

udp  0   0    *.tftp

it's OK?, other lines are like:

tcp  0  0     localhost.nameserv    *.*      LISTEN
tcp  0  0     *.32769               *.*      LISTEN

I am some worry about this.

Well I think is all, I try to speak/write English cleary (I speak spanish).

Bye and thanks for you help.