Subject: Re: VR290??
To: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/23/2000 02:06:14
"Iggy Drougge" wrote:

> Simon Burge skrev:
>
> >As an alternate solution, if you can find a BNC-to-VGA adapter (DEC part
> >number 29-32549-01) you can use a standard VGA monitor with DEC video
> >cards (that's what I'm using right now as I type this).  I know they
> >were available in Australia recently (last six months or so) for about
> >$AUS40.
>
> Does such a beast simply add together the BNC connectors into a D15HD, or does
> it extract sync signals and so on as well?
> Does anyone have the exact requirements for a monitor to work with a
> DECstation?

I'll admit to knowing almost zero about VGA - do it have separate
horizontal- and vertical-sync?  It certainly looks like a completely
passive device.  Unfortunately my multimeter probe doesn't fit into
the VGA socket holes so I can't tell you what goes to which pin...

Simon.
NetBSD Sales, Support and Service:  http://www.wasabisystems.com/