Subject: installing 1.5alpha2 on 5k/200
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/22/2000 19:11:29
I attempted to install NetBSD/pmax 1.5A2 on a 5k/200 today...and had some
"interesting" experiences with sysinst failing to get the disk geometry.

The disk had an Ultrix FFS disk label on it, which I thought would be like
the SunOS4 one and "just work".  Not so.  Even worse, the information
which was there seemed to confuse sysinst and instead of detecting a 634MB
HDD, I got a 4MB HDD, with one partition being -127 sectors in size at
offset 129 (or similar).  In contrast, checking /kern/msgbuf, it was
clear that it had been probed correctly.

This was the first time NetBSD had been introduced to this computer.

Darren