Subject: Prestoserve SIMM support?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Whittaker <paw@si1.dod.gov.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/16/2000 17:30:21
Apologies if it's a common question or a sore point, but I'm new to the list
and haven't found a satisfactory explanation on any FAQ.

Why has no progress been made on support for Prestoserve SIMMs (for any
model, although my specific interest is the DS5000/2xx)?  Is there a
technical information (non-)releasability issue, a lack of test hardware, or
just a lack of interest?

If it's a question of hardware availability I'm willing to donate a
DS5000/2xx 1Mb Presto SIMM - with ULTRIX 4.5 and license PAKs if needed - to
someone who stands a reasonable chance of getting results.  Otherwise I could
have a bash at it myself, although there'd be a steep learning curve and I
have limited time to spend.

| Paul Whittaker                       | % make love                        |
| Datasmith and Network Sculptor       | make: Fatal error: Don't know how  |
| Email: paw@si1.dod.gov.au            | to make target `love'              |