Subject: Re: Boot Failure (I think)
To: None <davidd@xevion.lost-in-cyberspace.com>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/06/2000 13:00:43
> Once I boot the kernel, it all goes fine
> then stops at the line
> scci at asic0 offset 0x8180000 priority 5
>
> I dont know the problem partially because i just got the box and I dont
> know what it should have done and I cant find any bootlogs
> Any ideas of whats wrong?

Possibly many pitfalls would prevent from succesful boot.  Could you provide
us,
	[1] first couple of lines in boot messages; specifically, lines around,

NetBSD 1.5_ALPHA2 (GENERIC) #0: Wed Aug 30 12:05:02 MDT 2000
    mhitch@news.msu.montana.edu:/b/NetBSD-1.5/src/sys/arch/pmax/compile/GENERIC
Personal DECstation 5000/50 (MAXINE)

	[2] serial boot, or video console boot?
	[3] can you prepare network boot? If so, does it reveal any
	    differences on probing SCSI devices?

Tohru Nishimura