Subject: Re: 1.5_ALPHA2 kernel boot failure
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Jared Smolens <jsmolens+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/04/2000 00:31:24
Excerpts from internet.computing.netbsd.port-pmax: 4-Oct-100 1.5_ALPHA2
kernel boot failuresonnie@ustc.edu (290*) by
> I just failed netbooting my /260 using 'install.ecoff'. When will the
availabl
> e kernel be out?
>
> What's the usage of 'netbsd.GENERIC.gz'?

I was also unable to boot my /260 off tftp from my linux box with the
latest images (the /260 consistently stopped and drooled on the floor
after downloading a portion of the image).  I last remember being able
to netboot it with some earlier 1.4 installs (definitely not 1.4.2).

However, I took the disk packs, attached them to my linux box, booted up
an install disk from NetBSD/x86 floppies and dd'ed the disk image
tarball to the packs.  My /260 couldn't be happier with this, and it
installed from that image like a charm.  Have you tried this?

Cheers,

JCSmolens
                                @@@
                               (o o)