Subject: Re: Keyboard hookup or pinouts?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/02/2000 11:04:27
	[ ... keyboard/mouse adaptor with DB15 connector ... ]

> Does this thing use a different cable from the keyboard, or just an
> adapter-plug-thingie?  I understand that both the mouse and the
> keyboard are somehow supposed to connect to that one DB-15 port...

An adaptor cable is required to connect a pair of LK keyboard and VS
mouse to DB15 port of 3MIN/3MAX+.  The same adaptor is used for
TURBOchannel Alpha machines DEC3000 and possiblily late models of
VAXstation family.  You would be able to acquire it asking excesses to
port-vax or port-alpha mailing list.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology

DB15 pinout
	1	GND
	2	KEY.TX		keyboard transmitted data
	3	KEY.RX		keyboard received data