Subject: Problems booting Decstation 5000/133
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Wilson <phyaw@phy.hw.ac.uk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/30/2000 20:29:43
Hi all

I have installed NetBSD 1.4.2 on my Decstation 5000/133. To my surprise even
though the prom is KNO2-BAv5.7j the machine did TFTP boot the kernel first
time.

After going through sysinst and installing the system the machine then
rebooted. The autoboot string was set to 3/rz3/vmunix for Ultrix. Issuing a
boot 3/rz3/netbsd did absolutely nothing,simply hanging and not booting the
kernel.

Booting again via TFTP worked but the kernel hung at the line:

Doing old style autoconfiguration on SCSI devices...

Now after a reboot of both the DEC and the Linux box i was using as a
BOOTP/TFTP server the kernel won't even TFTP boot.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

Alan./