Subject: Re: PMAGC-AA support?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/29/2000 11:28:39
> I received a 3000/600 the other day with a PMAGC-AA framebuffer;
> Apparently it's a double-buffered 24-bit framebuffer with a Zbuffer,
> which is nice.
>
> I was planning to move it to my 5000/240 because the pmax port has
> something of X support, but is this framebuffer even supported (under
> -current, even?)

No.  NetBSD/pmax has no support for it.

PMAGC == Pixel Vision == PV is the successor of PX/PXG (PMAG-D/E/F) product
line combined with HX (PMAGB) priciple and cleaner design.

If PV has a linear plain framebuffer memory accessible from CPU just
like CX/MX/TX/HX, and HX+ (PMAGD) support goes well (still in not
useful state), then PV support could be done as if it was just a plain
framebuffer.

There is a documentation about Pixel Vision architecture, but when I
read it I concluded it was not useful to write driver for it.

Tohru Nishimura