Subject: Re: Memory Fault Reported By Kernel
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Boyce <nick@glimmer.demon.co.uk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/25/2000 05:04:38
On Sat, 23 Sep 2000 21:45:33 +0100, I wrote:

> I'm just about to ... try leaving the Prom mode TEST command
> running for the rest of the weekend=20

Well I ran memory tests (">> t -l 3/mem *") for a couple of hours and
nothing got reported at all.  I haven't tried opening the case and
cleaning things yet though.  NetBSD is back up again now and hasn't
reported anything either.  Maybe it's gone away ... ;-)

And Michael Hitch said :

>   I think the first value is the address the error occured at, and the
> second value is information about the error that occurred (syndrome?}.

Hmm. Thanks.  And I guess if we want to decode that syndrome value
it's a question of "use the source" ... :-)

I might see if I can free up another disk to run a 1.5 test release on
(for the improved diagnostic messages), but since the Prom test seemed
to indicate that I only have one memory module anyway I suppose it's
academic ...

Cheers,
Nick Boyce
--
Q: Two cats on a roof - which one falls off first?
A: The one with the smaller mew.