Subject: Re: PROM KN02-BA V5.7j
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Plagge <tplagge@iastate.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/21/2000 12:18:22
In message <Pine.D-G.4.21.0009211257180.14263-100000@zuni.dtcc.edu>, Chris Trib
o writes:
>On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Alan Wilson wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone
>>
>> I have just got my hands on a Decstation 5000/133 which has the prom KN02-BA
>> V5.7j. I've read on the website this PROM cannot be TFTP booted? Is that
>> still the case as the website is a little out of date?

I have a 5000/133 with the same PROM.  I can confirm that it does not
boot correctly via TFTP--the output from tcpdump shows that the decstation
gets an IP and starts downloading the image, and then almost immediately
stops with a weird error.  I'm just going to hook up the HD to my other
decstation and use dd as has already been suggested.

Good luck
-Tom