Subject: Re: PROM KN02-BA V5.7j
To: Alan Wilson <phyaw@phy.hw.ac.uk>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@apache.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/21/2000 13:01:17
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Alan Wilson wrote:

> Hi Everyone
>
> I have just got my hands on a Decstation 5000/133 which has the prom KN02-BA
> V5.7j. I've read on the website this PROM cannot be TFTP booted? Is that
> still the case as the website is a little out of date?

	I've been told that the info on the PROM's page is a concoction of
information between 1.3 and 1.4.1, it may be accurate it may not. It may
also depend on the size of the kernel or other weird functions of which
I'm not terribly framiliar with.

> If so what is the easiest alternative to get NetBSD installed??

	Well if you know how/where to make up a MOP image for DECstation
(I haven't found any references to it anywhere, though people have done
it). Beyond that. You can download the diskimage.gz file from the ftp size
and dd/Suntar it onto the HD from another box with SCSI/Macintosh. Or if
you have the bandwidth you could get someone to make a raw CD image for
you that you could burn and boot.

	Chris