Subject: Re: DECsystem 5900
To: (Erik Bennett) <bennett@research.or.com>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/13/2000 15:41:19
"(Erik Bennett)" wrote:

> > On September 12, (Erik Bennett) wrote:
> > > I just bought a 19" rack.  A real nice enclosure, actually, but when I
> > > opened it up, it had a DECsystem 5900 in it.

Trade you a 5000/240 or two for it :-)

> I double checked, and indeed they are MS02-CA modules, so I'll have
> 64MB.  Does anyone know of a cheap source for these modules?

Ebay. UserID sbigos has MS02-AA's almost every week. He might have some
MS02-CA's if you email him privately.

> Also, is there anything I need to worry about with the SCSI disks?  I
> can just get plain old disk and have it run without worrying about
> getting a DEC disk, right?

	Generally speaking no. Anything that is Fast Narrow SCSI-2 or slower
should work. These machines are *very* picky about termination at times,
but
once it's happy, it's rock solid.

	Chris