Subject: Re: second internal hard drive on a DS5000/25
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/06/2000 16:03:36
        [ ... invisible 2nd HD for Personal DS ... ]

> The machine in question now had two RZ25 drives, a 25MHz CPU, and 40M
> of RAM (8M onboard and 4 8M SIMMs).  When the machine is powered
> on and I run cnfg 3, I get:
>                 DEV   PID                VID        REV    SCSI DEV
>                 ===== ================== ========== ====== ========
>                 rz1   RZ25     (C) DEC   DEC        0A00   DIR
>                 rz2   RZ25     (C) DEC   DEC        0900   DIR

[ ... but rz1 can not be probed correctly by NetBSD/pmax kernel ... ]

> Does anyone have any idea
> what might be causing the second drive to not show up?

Missing SCSI termination?

All of three my PDS configurations with single drive never have
SCSI terminating register packs, however, dual drive configuration
might be electorically sensitive in that subject.

Tohru Nishimura