Subject: Re: Newbye on 5000/125
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/05/2000 15:16:18
Chris Tribo skrev:

>On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Franco Tassone wrote:

><snip>
>> V ~ 100-120 / 220-240

>   The tilde means approximately. i.e. Lower voltages need higher
>currents and vice versa.

I thought it signified AC. =)

>> Now I have a doubt, before I power up: what is the correct voltage ?
>> Is it auto-switching ?

>   It will autoswitch between ~110 and ~230 volts RMS. The correct
>voltage is the one that (hopefully) matches what comes out of your wall
>socket :) I can't speak for countries outside the US, which you appear to
>be in.

My American 5000/200 certainly didn't autoswitch, though it seems quite
content with 110V/50Hz through a small transformer.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6.

> I'll maybe do a giraffe/milk/fridge game for this year's CSSCGC.
> That'd be good. Yes.

Advanced Giraffe Refrigeration Simulator.
All the thrills and 'spills' are here as you manoeuvre the milk and lure
the lactophobic animal around a kitchen packed with hazards!
** Actual Spectrum screenshots! **
"It's TOTALLY AMAZING!!!" - David Darling

    Equin0x på comp.sys.sinclar