Subject: PX/PXG Install kernel support was: Re: Booting DECstation 5000/125...
To: Andy Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/30/2000 12:42:38
On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Andy Doran wrote:

> nauseum:/sys/arch/pmax/conf$ grep ^px INSTALL
> px0     at      tc? slot ? offset ?     # PMAG-C,D,E,F PX family
>
> Is it not working for you?

	Working in what version? I'm almost positive it doesn't work in
1.4.1 or 1.4.2. I get "No supported console device installed, reverting to
serial console." IIRC. Are you refering to -current or something post
1.4.2?

> 1.5 will be the first release containing a functional `px' driver.

	Define functional. Still only basic console support, accelerated
console and/or X support? I'm assuming Xpxpmax hasn't been pulled up, I
can't find it in ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/Incoming as was pointed to in a

	Chris