Subject: MI SCSI gone?
To: NetBSD/pmax Discussion List <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/23/2000 10:45:48
Did MI SCSI support get pulled from -current?  I just tried compiling a
freshly-SUPped kernel on a DECstation 5000/240 so I could try and revive
the dead RAID on there, and the old-style SCSI got compiled in instead.

I commented out the old-style SCSI, and included the MI SCSI stuff, but
it won't link cleanly now (in ioconf.o there is an undefined reference
to xasc_ioasic_ca).

The raid config file was set up to use /dev/sd{1,2,3}e as the drives of
the RAID 5.  Will it work if I simply rename the drive set to
/dev/rz{1,2,3}e in the RAID .conf file (and go with the old-style SCSI),
or are the drive names encoded into the RAID label on the disc??

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa