Subject: Re: What CPU is it ??
To: Michael =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4rwolff?= <Michael.Baerwolff@lycosmail.com>
From: Peter C. Wallace <pcw@mesanet.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/21/2000 13:45:07
On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Michael [iso-8859-1] B=E4rwolff wrote:

> I have a DecStation 5000/25. Now I got another CPU-Card and I don't know
> which it is.
> There are mounted two big chips
> 1. LSI Logic L1A7301
> 2. On the second chip is a round cooler, that's why I can't read
> designation of this chip. It is a golden chip.
> Around there are placed some smaller quadratic chips -> cache.
> Near the connector is a  printed "KN02DA".

=09Probably a 5000/133 - 5000/33 CPU (look at the oscillator module
on the other side of board (under the L1A7301) if it says 66.0000M or some
such, that is a 33 MHz CPU module...

>=20
> Further there is a PXG+ -board inside. Is it supported in NetBSD 1.4.1??

Maybe as console only...

>=20
> My last question is : What is the easiest way to install NetBSD on a
> DecStation without a floppy disk drive. I have HDD's, MOD, CD-ROM, ZIP
> and DAT.

=09Netbooting is probably the easiest hardware wise, but involves
more setup on the netboot server, dd-ing the install diskimage to a hard
drive via a helper system is maybe the simplest if you have another system
with SCSI available.

>=20
> That's enough
>=20