Subject: Re: connector on /2460 module
From: Chris <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/14/2000 23:25:12
on 8/14/00 11:19 AM, emanuel stiebler at emu@ecubics.com wrote something
like:

> Chris Tribo wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, emanuel stiebler wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Anybody out here know by any chance who (which company) made & sells the
>>> connectors
>>> between the 2000/240 cpu module & the mainboard ?
>>>
>>> thanks a lot,
>>> emanuel
>>
>> I'm not at home to check this, but I think it's a Honda made
>> connector. I'm pretty sure it's either Honda or AMP, if no one else knows
>> email me privately and I'll check when I get home.
>>
>> Chris
>
> Ok, So if you know the connector type, PLEASE tell me ;-)
>
> cheers & thanks,
> emanuel

    Well I removed the CPU module from my 5000/240 and it has *no markings*
other than the very small printed 32GI. DEC apparently likes these
connectors as they use them on all the PX/PXG video cards (I checked those
too, also unmarked), the 5000/xx CPU modules (can't check now, but probably
unmarked) and I'm sure others.
    If it helps, there are two 128 pin trapezoidal shaped connectors on the
240/260 CPU module. I can try hunting around DigiKey or AMP's web sites in
the morning. I didn't see anything even close in the Mouser catalog though.
If it were AMP, they would have their name stamped all over it, and so would
Honda or DuPont, so I'm not really sure where these came from.

    Chris