Subject: Free DEC HW: VT1000, LK201's.
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org, port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/07/2000 20:56:01
At this weekend's swap meet I adopted a VT1000 (yes, a one thousand --
apparently it is a DEC-branded XTerminal based on the TI 34010), and
a pair of LK201 keyboards that could use some cleaning.

The VT1000 wants a monochrome monitor with some funky coax cable, which
I don't have. We hooked it up and turned it on with each of the two
keyboards attached; in both cases got some activity on the keyboard lights
(although not as much as we'd expected). The fan comes on as well but
we couldn't find a speaker, so it didn't bother us too much that the
thing didn't beep on powerup.

I don't really have any use for these dudes. I mainly took them because
(a) I wanted to see what was inside the VT1000, and (b) I figured I could
pass them on to needy developers.

I will be at both of the SF BA NUG's this week in case you want to arrange
for someone to pick them up.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com