Subject: Broken scc on DS5000/125?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <"Buss Joachim">
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/24/2000 13:58:00
Hi,

I believe the serialports on my DS5000/125 are broken, because the prom test
complains about both mouse and keyboard (I've tried several keyboards/mice)=
 and
I can't get serial console to work.

Funny though, that I can write prom commands on the keyboard without any
trouble
but when I boot a generic netbsd kernel it hangs just after the "scc0 at XX=
XXX"
text is diplayed (Ultrix boots but I can't login on xdm-console; the letters
repeat
themselves when I touch the first key, and mouse won't work).

The machine is a DS5000/125 with a PMAG-AA.
What's wrong and can this motherboard be fixed (I suppose I could try washi=
ng
it ... ) =3F

Joachim Buss
tk97el12@technis.syh.fi

P.S. This is the same motherboard that was in the box with broken fans and=
 has
operated in too high temperature for an unkown periord of time.