Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD 1.4.2 on a DECStation 5000/240
To: litos <litos@dislessici.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/21/2000 14:56:31
This may be a strange question, but you don't happen to have and RZ57
attached to that SCSI channel do you? This may not be related at all but I
know that in the VAX port an RZ57 will hang the bus during the initial
probe. There has been speculation that this is due to a lack of a 'start
unit' command and bogus firmware on the drive that fails to complete an
INQUIRY when it isn't spinning but I've never had the patience to actually
dig down and figure out what was going on.

--Chuck