Subject: Re: PMAGB-B Scrolling/Clearing
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/20/2000 20:19:48
[ On , July 20, 2000 at 16:49:49 (-0700), Chris G. Demetriou wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: PMAGB-B Scrolling/Clearing
>
> There's no corresponding mechanism for the vtXXX console type, since
> there isn't one on the real hw.  8-)

Are we talking about scrolling one scan line at a time?  I.e. "smooth
scroll"?

If so then there sure as heck is!  It's the first bit on the setup "B"
screen of a real VT100 (0 = jump, 1 = smooth).

Even if you're talking about "fast" scroll where two or more text lines
will be scrolled at once if steady input is arriving then I'm reasonably
sure that any DEC terminal newer than a vt220 (and maybe even including
it too) does support such a feature.

--
							Greg A. Woods