Subject: Re: PMAGB-B Scrolling/Clearing
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/20/2000 16:49:49
nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp (Toru Nishimura) writes:
> >                Can we make like Ultrix
> >                and shift the display up about five lines at a time when
> >                it reaches the bottom of the screen instead of just one?
>
> (N)WSCONS once did it.  Current code base, however, does
> scrollup-per-line because many complained the behaviour.  It can be
> switched back when compiled so.

it still can, but only if you're using the 'sun' console type.
you enable it with a specific escape sequence (SUNWSCRL iirc, is the
name, don't remember the actual syntax and no time to check src right
now).

There's no corresponding mechanism for the vtXXX console type, since
there isn't one on the real hw.  8-)

chris